Saturday, December 15, 2012

One-Step Questions for Week #14


1.  I practiced my running 2 times this week.

2.  I did my 100 pushups 2 times this week.

3.  I have done 250 consecutive multiple round kicks on the bag 3 times this week.

4.  I have done 35 each of "crunches 5 ways" plus 5 bridges at 8 count 3 times this week.

5.  I have practiced all 15 of my forms 3 times each this week.

6.  I am caught up on my forms for check off - Palchugi Il, Sam and Oh Jang.

7.  I have done air sparring or partner sparring for two 1.5 minute sessions with a 30 second break between.  Total of 3 minutes  - this is HALF of what I will be required to do for video taping prior to my pre-test in 14 weeks.

8.  I have 20 moves of my weapons form written down.

***If you have not accomplished all 8 of these BASIC tasks this week then you are not committing yourself to achieving your Black Belt in May.  The rest of these items are the tasks you NEED to do in order to move the bar on your technique to get your forms checked off and begin looking like a Black Belt.***

9.  I have video taped myself doing Taegeuk Il, Sam and Oh.  I am observing my chambers and strikes to check for being level, no wrist rolls, hand tight on belt, symmetry, hand placement, etc.  I am watching my feet for good foot placement (stepping out, getting backwards, not on a surf board, etc), correct stances (check that back foot on walks and front stances), toe pointed on round and front kicks, side and back kicks with flat foot and knife edge, ax kicks with pointed toe on the up, flat on the down stroke and good hip extension, not "trapping my hip" on my round/butterfly kicks.  I have checked for "happy feet" where I take a stutter step prior to kicking.

Anything I observed, I noted and practiced this week to improve these three forms.

10.  I have video taped myself doing Palchugi Il, Sam and Oh this week and am performing these forms at the same level or better than I was required to perform them in order to get them checked off.






No comments: