Monday, December 10, 2012

One-Step Questions for week #15 December 15th


1.  I have practiced my Ax kicks 3 times this week to work on technique.  I can now perform them with my toe up on the upswing and flat on the down stroke.  I am looking high on the wall as I perform the kick to keep my head from bobbing.  I am extending my hip like I am stepping over a log (remember what I pointed out on Ms. Leni's kicks).  My leg is straight and fully extended on my kick.

2.  I have practiced my 15 forms in the traditional manner 2 times this week.

3.  I have quizzed myself by performing each of the 15 forms facing a non-traditional way once this week.

4.  I have done 250 consecutive round kicks on the bags or at home 3 times this week.

5.  I have done 35 each of crunches in 5 ways (total of 175 - we are building to 50 each) AND 5 bridges at an 8 count - 3 times this week.

6.  I have practiced sparring this week.  This can be air sparring, practice on Friday open mat, with a partner or by yourself.  Two sessions of 1.5 minutes (30 second break) for a total of 3 minutes sparring time.

7.  I have 10 moves of my weapons form written down.  This can be any 10 moves in your form - you do not have to start at the beginning of the form.

8.  I have practiced my blocks in the mirror to improve my chambers and strikes.  Watch for level chamber, no wrist rolls or curving, hand tight and level on belt.  10 each of inside block, outside block, high block, low block, single knife and double knife.  3 times this week.

9.  I have practiced my running 2 times this week.

10.  I have done my 100 pushups 2 times this week.

11.  I am caught up with my forms - I have Palchugi Il, Sam and Oh checked off.

12.  I have thought about WHY I want to become a Black Belt (or earn my next degree) this week.  I have written this down (one or more sentences) and added it to my journal so I can use it to motivate me through this process.  You may have several reasons why or have your reasons change over time.  I only require ONE reason for you to focus on this week.

13.  I am determined, committed and willing to persevere to achieve my Black Belt no matter the amount of time it will take me to achieve my goal.

No comments: