Saturday, December 8, 2012

One-Step Winners!

***Next week's One-Step questions will be posted on Monday. Be sure to come back and print out your list so YOU can make it across the Red Rope next week!***

I'd like to extend my congratulations to the following people for being One-Step winners today and crossing that Red Rope!  The people with a star by their name committed last time to getting across the rope, followed through to get across today and won a special prize for doing so.  Congratulations peeps!  I'm so proud of each and every one of you - I know how hard you worked these last two weeks to achieve this today!

Ms. Leni*
Ms. Misa
Mr. Brett*
Mr. Craig
Mr. Cameron*
Mr. Aidan B.*
Mr. Julian B.*
Mr. William*
Mr. Nathan*

The following people have committed to getting across the rope next week #15, Saturday the 15th of December.  Committing yourself publicly to a goal is a GREAT way to make yourself follow through on it!  Whether you committed early or not, I am cheering  you on and hoping to see you ALL cross the Red Rope next week!

Mr. Julian B.
Mr. Aidan B.
Ms. Leni
Mr. Brett
Mr. Nathan
Mr. Jake
Mr. Cameron
Ms. Misa
Mr. William
Mr. Andrew
Mr. Dave

My One-Step game is really a way to outline the basic training you need to be working on each week.  Each person is going to have additional areas to focus on - working on a form for check off, fixing stances, fixing hands on belt, striking better, working on their run, getting extra weapon practice, etc.  Basically anything one of the instructors has told you to work on or areas you know you are weak at - those are the things you need to do in ADDITION to One-Step.  Remember the ultimate prize to consistently winning One-Step is that each week you are one step closer on your journey to achieving Black Belt.

Here is the running tally for the One-Step highest number of wins contest.  Mr. Nathan is in the lead for 1st Degree Candidates and Ms. Leni and Mr. Craig are tied for higher degree candidates!  I'd love to see more names enter this list because you never know how many prizes I'll be handing out (I'm kind of tricky like that)!

Aidan
X


X
Brett
X


X
Craig
X


X
Cameron
X


X
Joshua
X



Julian
X


X
Leni
X


X
Nathan
X
X

X
Misa



X
William



X
















4 comments:

Tim Blaney said...

Any recommended sites to watch forms online? I see a bunch on YouTube, but am not sure which are legit and which aren't.

Paige Dolecki said...

If you are asking about weapons videos then I would find ones taken at competitions versus people messing around in the back yard. I've found some good ones off of SportMartialArts.com on You Tube.

I also like www.ehow.com. You can also get videos through Www.blacknbluevideo.com including very inexpensive 24 hour watch segment (like a net flicks model) which is a good way to sample different artists.

If you are asking about the basic 15 required forms then I wouldn't recommend viewing online. Every dojo does things differently and every Black Belt develops their own style. If you have questions about a forms then have a current Black Belt work with your child to polish.

Hope that helps!

Ms. Paige

Nathan Burke said...

I can't find any palchagi forms online. Can you help me?

Paige Dolecki said...

Hi Nathan -

Look at my "Forms Cards" post that is towards the beginning of the blog. It has all 15 forms on a Google Doc link. You should be able to print from the google doc. Let me know tomorrow if you have trouble with it.

Ms. Paige