1. I have written down (written,typed or dictated) my game plan for getting all my requirements done and being prepared for the Pre-Test on April 6th. This can be in outline or in paragraph format. It doesn't need to be a huge essay or extremely detailed but simply what your strategy/game plan will be based on the assessments you had on Saturday, 2 Feb to be a prepared candidate with all your requirements covered, taping completed and your forms memorized with solid technique.
You must have TWO copies - one to keep in your binder for your reference and one to turn in to Ms. Paige. If you are under 18 the turned in copy MUST be signed by a parent or guardian. You should take this opportunity to discuss with your family what support you'll need over the next 6 weeks.
2. I have Palchugi Ee and Saw checked off (due Feb 16th).
3. I have Palchugi Yuk checked off (due Feb 16th).
4. I did 150 pushups this week broken into 25 pushup segments. Focus on changing up your style to work different muscle groups. Try triangles, wide, hands off-set, elbows going straight back, incline (hands up on a chair or bench) or decline (feet up on a low stool or ball), tricep dips off the couch, etc.
5. I did one set of 100 pushups this week (timing is optional). If you have trouble with this see my pushups post by clicking HERE.
6. I practiced sparring this week - minimum of 2 consecutive sessions of 2 minutes each. Your final requirement for first degree is 3 segments of 2 minutes each.
7. I did my 50 crunches 5 ways at least 2 times this week. Focus on curling your spine like Instructor Jay Lynn and Instructor Leni demonstrated in Saturday's class.
8. I did my 400 multiple rounds kicks on the bag 3 times this week.
9. I physically practiced my 15 forms at least 3 times this week. One time was random order.
10. I mentally practiced my forms at least 3 times this week.
11. I practiced my weapons form this week.
12. I practiced my self-defense routines this week.
13. I ran through my board break routines this week.
14. I have at least 12 hours of teaching/assisting time logged at the dojo.