Sunday, February 3, 2013

One-Step Questions for Week #7 - Feb 9th 2013


Hello friends -

I hope this weekend you were able to reflect on Saturday's classes and think about where you are in your training, where you want or need to be and assess the areas that might need additional focus over the next 7 weeks.  You still have time to add new things to your training routine so use the feedback you received to help create a game plan for what you need to accomplish over the next few weeks.  

Remember, the current Black Belts and the Instructors are all here to help you so if you need some guidance or want to talk about where you are just let someone know.  

Getting your Black Belt is a long, hard journey.  No one will ever say it is easy but I will say that in the end everything you've gone through will be worthwhile.  While it can seem overwhelming as we turn towards the end of our training time, the pressure, intensity and attention to detail will help you be prepared and confident when April 6th comes.

Work hard and I'll see you on the other side of the rope next week!

Ms. Paige

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

1.  I reflected on my requirements assessments from last week and have created a game plan to help get me where I need to be for the Pre-test.

2.  I did 200 total pushups this week broken into 25 pushup segments.  Focus on changing up your style to work different muscle groups.  Try triangles, wide, hands off-set, elbows going straight back, incline (hands up on a chair or bench) or decline (feet up on a low stool or ball), etc.

3.  I ran twice this week.  On one of the runs vary your pace - add some sprints in to help build for sparring.

4.  I did my 45 crunches 5 ways at least 2 times this week.


5.  I did my 350 multiple rounds kicks on the bag 3 times this week.

6.  I physically practiced my 15 forms at least 3 times this week.  At least one time should be in random order.

7.  I mentally practiced my forms at least 4 times this week.

8.  I practiced my weapons form this week.

9.  I practiced my self-defense routines this week.

10.  I ran through my board break routines this week.

11.  I have at least 8 hours of teaching/assisting time logged at the dojo.

No comments: