Saturday, May 18, 2013

One-Step Questions for Week #19, 25th May 2013


Hello my Martial Art friends,

You will notice that this week's One-Step questions are a bit lighter as I want you to focus on getting your first set of three forms checked off by their Saturday, 25th May due date.  Remember that a Black Belt is a White Belt who NEVER gave up so keep doing what you need to and make progress on those forms.  You can arrange for private lessons.  You can ask a fellow candidate for feedback.  You can ask an available Black Belt to observe you and give you some tips.  


Do what is necessary to become what you want to be - a Black Belt or a 2nd degree.  Remember that you already have the power inside you to succeed on your journey, its just a matter of keeping at it with determination and commitment of time, body and mind.


If you have the three forms checked off, start working on the next set and spend some extra time on your board breaks (due June 1st) and your weapons form research (weapons form due June 29th).



One-Step Questions, Week #19 -  25th May 2013

1.  I have Taegeuk Ee Jang checked off.

2.  I have Taegeuk Sah Jang checked off.

3.  I have Taegeuk Yuk Jang checked off (all 3 forms are due on May 25th).

4.  I have two board break combination written down (due June 1st).

5. I have practiced all 15 of my forms 2 times this week. 16 forms for 2nd degree.

6.  I have done 175 round kicks on the bags 2 times this week.  2nd degree candidates add one round of 500 round kicks on the bag.

7.  I have done 25 each of crunches 5 ways (125 total) plus 3 bridges at a 5 count 2 times this week.

8.  I have done 2 sets of 25 pushups 2 times this week (total of 100 pushups this week) focusing on technique and perfect pushups.

9.  I have done a run 2 times this week. 

10.  I have 6 moves with my weapon that I have written down for my weapons form (don't have to be sequential - just moves you are probably going to use in your form).

11.  I have worked on my flexibility this week by doing dynamic stretches (especially Hamstring dynamic stretches like soldier kicks) when warming up for a workout and by doing static stretches (the stretch with the belt over your foot going as high as you can go with your knee straight and holding it for a 30 count).





Congratulations to this week's One-Step Winners!  Keep up the good work! 

Mr. Max
Mr. Bryce
Ms. Mariam
Mr. Cameron
Ms. Eva
Mr. Cody
Mr. Justin
Mr. Jacob
Mr. Vail

One-Step Winners Chart current as of Week#20.  Next week I'd like to add ALL my candidate names to this chart!

Name
23
22
20
19
Bryce
X
X
X

Cameron
X
X
X

Eli
X
X


Justin
X
X
X

Mariam
X

X

Max
X
X
X

Vail
X
X
X

Michael

X


Cody

X
X

Eva


X

Jacob


X

No comments: