Sunday, May 5, 2013

One-Step Questions, Saturday 18 May Week #20

* Edited to add:  On Saturday, 18th May I will begin having you perform all 15 of the forms during class time as well as focused work on individual forms.  This is a heads up so you can make sure you practice all 15 and are prepared for week #20.


One-Step Questions, Week #20, Saturday 18th May

1.  I have Taegeuk Ee Jang checked off.

2.  I have Taegeuk Sah Jang checked off.

3.  I have Taegeuk Yuk Jang checked off (all 3 forms are due on May 25th).

5.  I have one board break combination written down (due June 1st).

6. I have practiced all 15 of my forms 2 times over the past 2 weeks (1st degree), 4 times for 2nd degree.  Once you have these forms memorized it takes about 25 minutes to run all 15/16 forms back to back.

7.  I have video taped myself this week doing the form I am working on getting checked off and watched it to see where I need to improve - look at chambers, wrists, punch levels and elbow angles, foot placement and hip and shoulder alignment.

8.  I have done 150 round kicks on the bag 3 times over the past 2 weeks.  2nd degree candidates add one round of 500 round kicks on the bag.

9.  I have done 20 each of Crunches 5 Ways plus 2 bridges at 5 count, 3 times over the past 2 weeks.  2nd degree candidates - 30 each of Crunches 5 ways plus 5 bridges - 4 times over the past 2 weeks.

10.  I have done 2 sets of 25 pushups (50 total) 3 times over the past two weeks.  2nd degree candidates - 100 pushups broken into segments of 25 using 4 different techniques (wide, triangle, hands offset, tricep dips, etc.) 3 times over the past 2 weeks.

11.  I have done a run 3 times over the past 2 weeks. 

12.  I have begun gathering ideas for my weapons form - this can be martial arts movie videos, You Tube, books, videos from the library, technique videos, etc.  

13.  I have three moves with my weapon (trick, series of moves or special stances) that I have written down for my form (don't have to be sequential - just moves you are probably going to use in your form).

14.  I have practiced my double knives start to Taegeuk Sah Jang in the mirror checking for 90 degrees on the front chamber and back knife fully extended.  Do this for both sides.

15.  I have practiced my high block/ low block chamber in the mirror to check for wrist curls, arm placement and symmetry.

No comments: