Wednesday, January 8, 2014

One-Step Questions Week #14, Saturday 11th January

Hi All -

I apologize for the lateness this week.  I've been fighting what turned out to be a very painful infection in my jaw for the past month so I just haven't been feeling like my normal hard driving, scheduling keeping, push to the limit girl that I normally am.  The good news is I had some work done which took away the worst of the pain so I'm starting to feel like my old self again - thankfully just in time for the next test!

You are now just about at the half way point in your training.  You have 14 weeks left until your Pre-test and you have to schedule taping about 1-2 weeks prior to the test so this puts you just about half way there now.  This is a good time to reflect on where you are at now and where you need to be for the Pre-Test.

- Are there areas where you are not able to meet requirements?  Talk to the instructors about your training program and how you can adjust things, add new things to add in order to get you to that point.

- Are you finding your flexibility is decreasing as you train?  Its probably a good time to add in a stretching routine to keep/increase your flexibility as your increase in muscle has tightened you up.

- Have you begun your service/teaching hours at the dojo?  Don't wait until the end to push these in!

- Do you have training partners that help you meet your goals?  Now is a great time to start picking out people to help with self-defense, board breaks, etc.

- What are you doing to stay motivated?  Are you rewarding yourself along the journey to keep strong on your training routines?  Are you writing in your journal to reflect on the progress you are making and celebrate the victories along the way?


Here is this week's shortened One-Step questions to get us back on track.  The fewer questions there are the more likely you'll have to answer all of them in order to cross the line.  Just sayin'.

One-Step Questions Week #14, Saturday 11th January
1.  I have practiced all 15+ of my forms 2 times this week.

2.  I have two self-defense moves memorized and could perform if called on at the upcoming test. Bonus step if you have practiced these moves with a partner at the dojo.

3.  I have 20 moves of my weapons form memorized and could perform if called on at the upcoming test.

4.  I have one board break combination memorized and could perform if called on at the upcoming test.

5.  I have done 225 round kicks on the bag 2 times this week and one set of 500 timed roundkicks.

6.  I have done one set of 100 timed pushups this week. If you don't make the time be sure to finish the 100.

7.  I have done one set of timed crunches this week.

8.  I have video taped myself doing Taeguek Chil, Taeguek Pal, Koryo and if applicable Kumgong so I am confident I am looking solid on technique for the upcoming test.

No comments: