Sunday, May 4, 2014

One-Step Questions - Saturday, 17th May Week #20

One-Step Questions - Saturday, 17th May  Week #20


1.  I have Taegeuk Il Jang checked off.

2.  I have Taegeuk Sam Jang checked off.

3.  I have Taegeuk Oh Jang checked off (all 3 forms due May 24th.)

5.  I have two board break combinations written down and have physically run them for spacing (does not require actual board breaks but if you have practice boards it would be good to use them to run these).  (Board Breaks due on June 7th.)

6. I have physically practiced all 12 of my lower forms 4 times over the past 2 weeks.  2nd Degree and higher all of your forms.

7.  I have Taeguek Il, Sam and Oh Jang plus Palchugi Ee, Sah and Yuk Jang memorized.  This means I can perform these forms alone on the mats without prompting, pauses or watching someone else.

8.  I have video taped myself this week doing the form I am working on getting checked off and watched it to see where I need to improve - look at chambers, wrists, punch levels and elbow angles, foot placement and hip and shoulder alignment.

9.  I have done 200 round kicks on the bag 4 times over the past 2 weeks. (If you don't have access to the bags at the dojo, you can use a pillow or couch cushion or even air at home.) 

10.  I have done 25 each of Crunches 5 Ways plus 4 bridges at 5 count, 4 times over the past 2 weeks. 

10.  I have done 2 sets of 30 pushups 4 times over the past two weeks.  

11.  I have done 3 training runs over the past 2 weeks. 

12.  I have 4 sets (move and counter move) written down for my self-defense combinations.  These are items you'd like to incorporate into your self-defense routines. (Be sure to bring a notebook or video camera to the Black Belt ceremony test to pick up some ideas for this!)

13.  I have begun gathering ideas for my weapons form - this can be martial arts movie videos, You Tube, books, videos from the library, technique videos, etc.  See tab above for ideas on getting started with your weapons form.  (Due July 5th)

14.  I have three moves with my weapon (trick, series of moves or special stances) that I have written down for my form (don't have to be sequential - just moves you are probably going to use in your form).


No comments: