Hi All -
Remember, there is NO CLASS next week Saturday 5th of July. I hope you have a fun and safe holiday weekend! These questions will cover the next two weeks of training - when we meet up again we will be at week #12 which puts you about 10 weeks away from starting your video taping for turn-in by the Pre-Test. If you are behind form check-offs when we return, I highly recommend setting up some private lessons to stay on track.
Good luck and I'm hoping to see you ALL across the line on week #12!
One-Step Questions, Week #12 Saturday, 12th July 2014
1. I physically practiced all 15 of my forms 6 times in the past two weeks. Each practice session needs to be done at a high level of technique - no placing, only striking, watch for timing, watch foot placement, etc. Think gorilla style forms.
2. I mentally practiced all 15 of my forms 8 times over the past two weeks.
3. I completed 4 training runs over the past two weeks - at least two should be the full 1.5 miles.
4. I did 325 round kicks on the bag 4 times over the past two weeks. If you need to do them at home you can use a pillow or couch cushion.
5. I did a total of 400 pushups in the past two weeks broken into sets of 25 done in different ways.
(Here is a link to an article showing 82 different variations on pushups - you read that right - 82 variations! http://greatist.com/fitness/bodyweight-push-up-variations )
6. I have done 35 each of crunches 5 ways SLOWLY being sure to hold at the top of the crunch and shoulders off the ground throughout - 4 times the past two weeks.
7. I have physically practiced my board breaks this week.
8. I have at least 5 total hours of teaching time logged and signed off on in my journal.
9. I have at least one full self-defense sequence completed and have practiced it 3 times in the past two weeks. (Self-Defense Due August 2nd)
10. I have done two 2 minute sparring rounds with a 30 second break between rounds (4 and a half minutes total time) by myself or with a partner - 2 sparring sessions in the past two weeks.
11. I have practiced my weapons form 4 times in the past two weeks. (Due July 5th.)