Saturday, August 2, 2014

One-Step Questions, Week #8 - Saturday, 9th August

We talked this morning about road blocks on your journey.  They are those things that you are having a hard time with - whether it is being fuzzy on a form, getting the run time, your weapons form or whatever.  Each of us have areas that we are good at and areas where we need help.  My challenge to you this week is to ASK for that help.


Go to your parents, the Instructors, current Black Belts or even fellow candidates and ASK for help with your road blocks.  We are all here for you but unless you ask, we won't know that you need help.  Getting your Black Belt is a HUGE task and nobody accomplishes it alone.  I didn't and you won't.  So don't be afraid to ASK for the help YOU need to succeed!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

One-Step Questions, Week #8 Saturday, 9 August 2014

1.  I have practiced all 15+ of my forms physically 4 sessions this week. (Taeguek Yuk and Palchugi Oh were the two we missed this morning - do these two and it counts for 1 time this week.)
  
2.  I have mentally practiced all 15+ of my forms 5 times this week.

*These two items are the single most important items for this week.  I want you ALL to be able to step forward for these two things.

3.  I have physically practiced my self-defense routines 2 times this week with a partner.

4.  I have physically practiced my weapons for 3 times this week.

5.  I have physically practiced my board breaks 2 times this week looking for areas to add dynamics for interest.

6.  I have done 400 round kicks on the bag 2 times this week and one set of 500 roundkicks.

7.  I have done 75 pushups 3 times this week.

8.  I have done 45 crunches 5 ways plus 5 bridges at an 8 count two times this week.

9.  I have done two full 1.5 mile training runs this week (this morning's class counts!).

10.  I have at least 11 hours of teaching time logged and signed off in my journal.

No comments: