Saturday, October 25, 2014

One-Step Questions, Saturday 1 November


Hello Candidates -

Our Saturday sessions COUNT towards the weekly One-Step Questions.  So, if we complete the 12 lower forms and you are a first degree candidate - that counts as one of the times you need to practice your forms during the week.  If you are a 2nd degree or higher candidate you can finish the top 4+ forms and count that as one of your times.  This also is true for Conditioning class so if you run or do pushups, etc. in that class it counts towards totals for the One-Step Questions.  Hope that helps!

Quick note on Memorization of forms.  There are three methods for adding neural pathways in your brain to achieve memorization and each method creates its own neural pathway.  Doing a combination of these methods will enhance your memory and allow you to perform the forms when you are exhausted and not able to "think".
1.  Physically practice the forms.
2.  Write out the forms.
3.  Mentally review the forms.

This week I am asking that you physically practice your forms and write your forms out or say them out loud to someone to quiz yourself.  Soon we will add in mental reviews which can again be saying things out loud or running forms in your head.

Ms. Paige
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

One-Step Questions for Saturday, 1 November

1.  I have physically practiced my forms three times this week. (We finished one time during class on Saturday for first degree candidates.)

2.  I have Palchugi Il, Sam and Oh memorized and can perform these forms alone without prompting or pauses.

3.  I have video taped myself doing at least one of these three forms this week so I can see myself and improve the areas I need to for check off.

4.  I have asked a Black Belt or Instructor to look at my form this week for feedback for check off.

5.  I have done 125 round kicks on the bag two times this week.

6.  I have done 15 perfect pushups two times this week.

7.  I have done 15 each of crunches 5 ways and 3 bridges at an 8 count two times this week (see tab at top for how to do these).

8.  I have done two training runs this week.

9.  I have written out or said out loud each of my forms one time this week.

10.  I have written in my binder one self-defense move and counter move combination.  We are doing self-defense this round in BBC so it is a great time to jot down ideas for things you can use in your combinations.

No comments: