Saturday, January 3, 2015

One-Step Questions - Saturday, 10th January - Week #13

You are just about at the mid-point of your training time with 13 weeks left until the Pre-Test.  It's what I like to think of as "gut check" time.  We've had a pretty bad past two weeks as far as working on forms and memorization.  YOU have to decide if being a Black Belt is something you desire enough to make you do what you need to do.  I'm here to help but I can't put the forms into your memory banks - only YOU can do that by physically and mentally practicing your forms and quizzing yourself weekly. Remember what I said - when you tape, you tape alone.  Can you do that today?  If not, what steps are you going to take to get you to that goal in 13 weeks?

I want to see you all across the rope this week but more importantly, I want you ALL to achieve your goal of becoming a Black Belt or earning your next degree in 2015!

Do what you need to do to become what you want to be.  

Ms. Paige

One-Step Questions, Week #13 Saturday, 10 January 2015

1.  I physically practiced all 13 (12 lower plus Taeguek Chil for 1st degree candidates - ALL forms for higher degree candidates) of my forms 3 times in the past week.  

2.  I mentally practiced all of my forms 4 times this past week.

3.  I completed 2 training runs over the past week - one should be the full 1.5 mile.


4.  I did 300 round kicks on the bag 2 times this week.

5.  I did a total of 200 pushups in the past week.  Break it up by doing them in sets of 25 in different ways.

(Here is a link to an article showing 82 different variations on pushups - you read that right - 82 variations! http://greatist.com/fitness/bodyweight-push-up-variations )

6.  I have done 30 each of crunches 5 ways SLOWLY being sure to hold at the top of the crunch and shoulders off the ground throughout - 2 times the past week.


7.  I have physically practiced my board breaks this week.  

8.  I have at least 5 total hours of teaching time logged and signed off on in my journal.


9. I have at least one full self-defense sequence completed and have practiced it this week. (All Self-Defense due February 7th)

10.  My weapons form is complete (Due Jan 10th) and I have at least the first 15 moves memorized and can demonstrate.

11.  I have at least 2 pieces of music picked out for my weapons form and have reviewed them for lyrics or they are instrumental versions.

12.  I have video taped myself doing my forms and board breaks so I can review and see where I can improve. 

1 comment:

Matt Wittress said...

Dear Ms. Paige,
I wanted to tell you that I have to take an admissions exam on Saturday for Eastside Catholic High School so I will have to miss your class. I wanted you to know I am working hard on your list this week. Thanks for your help.
Matt