Saturday, April 18, 2015

One-Step Questions - Saturday, 25th April 2015 (24 Weeks to Pre-Test)


This is one of my favorite quotes from Shakespeare - even if you are young you can be fierce in your determination and your perseverance towards the goal of earning your Black Belt.  I was incredibly proud and happy this morning to see so many of you across the Red Rope.  You are off to a great start and I am looking forward to watching you all grow and take on this challenge over the next 24 weeks!

Ms. Paige
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
One-Step Questions for Saturday, 25th April (24 weeks to Pre-Test)

1.  I have Taegeuk Ee, Sah and Yuk Jang memorized.

2.  I have Taegeuk Ee Jang checked off.  (I highly recommend a private lesson to get the ball rolling on getting your Taegeuks checked off if you do not have this one checked off yet.)

3.  I have Taegeuk Sah Jang checked off.


4.  I have video taped myself doing each of my three curriculum forms this week.  If you have Taegeuk Yuk checked off, also tape your next three curriculum forms - Palchugi El, Sam and Oh Jang.



5.  I have physically practiced my forms three times this week.  If you know the full 15+ forms, please practice your full set to keep them active in your mind. 

6.  I have mentally reviewed each of my curriculum forms (or full set if you know them) three times this week.  You can do this by saying the form out loud, doing it in your head or writing it down on paper.  One time of each will help build neural pathways for memorization.

7.  I have Palchugi El Jang memorized.

8.  I have done 175 round kicks on the bags two times this week.

9.  I have done 20 perfect pushups 2 times this week.  Use the GREAT tips that Ms. Jay Lynn told you about in today's conditioning class to make them perfect. The best way is to tape yourself to see how you are doing.

10.  I have done 20 each of crunches 5 ways and 4 bridges at an 8 count two times in the past week.  Be sure to pause at the top of each crunch to make them effective.  Think about rolling your spine up and down and keeping your chin to the ceiling.

11.  I have done 2 training runs this week. 

12.  I worked on my punches, high blocks, front stances and walking stances in a mirror two times this week (one set of 20 for each).  See last week's One-Step for specifics of what to look at.

13.  I have written down one board break in my binder.  This can be a single break or a set of breaks that you are thinking of doing for your requirement. (Due June 6th)

14.  I have looked at one video of my chosen weapon to begin gathering ideas for special moves or tricks with my weapon.  See tab above for tips on creating a weapon form and sources to find good videos.  (Due July 11th).


No comments: