Saturday, May 30, 2015

One-Step Questions for Saturday, 6th June - 18 weeks to Pre-Test

Please print off a copy of the One-Step Questions for your binder.  Use it to check off as you go.  Example - if you have to do pushups 3 times in a week place one check mark for each time you complete a set so at the end of the week you'll see three check marks.  It is VERY motiviating to check things off your list and it will help keep you on track.  

  Don't spin your wheels!  If you have been working on something for more than 7-10 days and you aren't progressing or if you've been told you need to fix something but you don't know how, then you should use three very powerful words "I NEED HELP". 
 We take serious candidates seriously.



In order to enter the floor to the back black line, you must do the two following items.  Everything after that will take you steps forward down the floor.

1.  I have physically practiced my forms 3 times this week - all 6 lower Taegueks plus Palchugi Il, Sam and Oh.  Full set if you know them.

2. I have mentally reviewed each of my forms four times this week.

***Below this line starts your steps down the floor.  To be eligible, please complete steps One and Two.***

3.  I have have the 9 required forms memorized (6 Taegueks plus Palchugi Il, Sam and Oh) - this means you can perform them alone without pauses or prompts.

4.  I have Taegeuk Ee, Sah and Yuk Jang checked off.  If you do not have this item checked off you must speak to an Instructor this week to figure out your game plan for catching up with the rest of the candidate group and continuing your journey. (Due 23 May).

5.  I have Palchugi Il Jang checked off.

6.  I have video taped myself doing my 6 Taeguek forms and Palchugi Il, Sam and Oh this week.

7.  I have done 300 Round Kicks on the bags twice this week.  Watch your form on these - make sure you are above the line and rotating hips so the top of your foot makes contact with the bag.

8.  I have done 40 pushups in a row (no breaks, no knees, no stopping) three times this week. 

9.  I have done 30 crunches 5 ways (30 of each variety), 12 V Ups and 6 bridges at a 10 count three times this week.

10.  I have done 2 training runs this week.  One run must be the full 1.5 miles.

11.  I worked on my punches, high blocks, double knives, front stances, back stances and walking stances in a mirror twice this week (one set of 20 for each).

12.  I worked on my chambering in the mirror twice this week 20 times each for regular chambers, high block chambers, inside block chambers, outside block chambers. 
- Regular front chambers need to be 90 degrees and high up enough on your chest so that if you placed a sticker on the center of the back of your hand you cannot see the sticker in the mirror. The side of your hand should be the only thing visible in the mirror - make sure you aren't over rotating so that the underside of your hand becomes visible.
- High block chambers - make sure you are striking out from your body not hugging it.  From the front it looks perfect (and fixes lots of wrist curls) and from the side it will look almost like a scissor block where you are striking out at a steep angle from your body with both upper and lower fist.
- Inside block chambers - make sure you are up high enough so that your striking fist is up at about eye level and at more of a 90 degree on your side versus having your fist back by your ear.
- Outside block chambers should look like your High Block Chambers but make sure when you practice these you are not going outside of the triangle of your body.  This means your strike doesn't open up your shoulder and your fist stops so that you arm is in line with your front leg - no further.  

13.  I have written in my binder a sequence of 25 moves for my weapons form and have at least 15 sequential moves memorized for show.  (Due July 11th).

14.  I attended sparring class this week.

No comments: