Monday, June 29, 2015

One-Step Questions - Saturday, 11th July - 13 weeks to the Pre-Test

Enjoy your 4th of July weekend off!  There will be a guest Instructor at my class on the 11th so next time I see you guys will be on the 25th July.

In order to enter the floor to the back black line, you must do the two following items.  Everything after that will take you steps forward down the floor.

1.  I have physically practiced my forms 6 times in the past 2 weeks - full set of lower 12 and Taeguek Chil Jang.


2. I have mentally reviewed each of my forms 10 times in the past two weeks.


***Below this line starts your steps down the floor.  To be eligible, please complete steps One and Two.***


3.  I have Palchugi Oh Jang checked off.


4.  I have video taped myself doing the form I am working on for check off plus my Weapons form, Board Breaks and Self-Defense starts.


5.  I have done 400 Round Kicks on the bags 4 times in the past 2 weeks.  


6.  I have done 2 sets of 100 pushups plus 2 sets of 50 perfect pushups in the past two weeks.


7.  I have done 40 crunches 5 ways and 15 V Ups 4 times in the past 2 weeks.


8.  I have done 4 training runs in the past 2 weeks.   


9.  I have my weapons form completed and written in my binder with at least 30 of the moves memorized and ready for show (Due July 11th).


10.  I have written in my binder 8 of my Self-Defense Moves/Counter Moves (Due Aug 1).


11.  I have shown my Self-Defense combinations to an Instructor or a Black Belt and asked for feedback on how to make it more realistic.


12.  I attended sparring class this week.


13.  I have physically practiced my board breaks this week with board holders to check for spacing and have asked for feedback from fellow candidates/Black Belts.

14.  I have at least 5 total hours of teaching time logged and signed off on in my journal.


15.  I have at least 2 pieces of music picked out for my weapons form and have reviewed them for lyrics or they are instrumental versions.

No comments: