Saturday, August 8, 2015

One-Step Questions for Saturday, 15th August - 8 short little weeks until the Pre-Test



Hey guys - just a couple of quick reminders:

1.  As far as I know next Saturday there is class at 7:30 and at 8:30. I won't be there as I'm taking my daughter back to college.


2.  The Pancake Run is at 9:30 down to the Firestation.  You do need some money to buy your breakfast - I think it is a $5 donation - and your parents will need to meet you there to pick you up.

3.  You have the option of running the 5K or 10K Snoqualmie Fun Run instead of doing 7:30 and 8:30AM classes.  Check out Run Snoqualmie for registration.

4.  For the next couple of Saturdays I highly recommend (which you know actually means just do it) that you stay from 7AM Yoga all the way to the very last class of the day.  Really push yourself even in the lighter classes that might not be really challenging for you.  This will help you develop the endurance that will be necessary for the 5-6 hour Pre-Test.  

Here is the wonderful quote Instructor JayLynn shared with us today:

Perseverance is the hard work you put in AFTER the hard work you've just done.

Keep up the GREAT work you've been doing and push yourself that little bit more to crisp up your technique!  Practice those strikes and the eye of the tiger intensity that will take you up a notch and make you shine as a candidate!

Ms. Paige
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

One-Step Questions for Saturday, 15th August - 8 Short Little Weeks until the Pre-Test

1.  I have physically practiced my forms 3 times in the past week - full set of lower 12 and Taeguek Chil and Pal Jang.  I was focused on technique and strikes.

2. I have mentally reviewed each of my forms 5 times in the past week.


***Below this line starts your steps down the floor.  To be eligible, please complete steps One and Two.***


3.  I have Palchugi Oh Jang checked off.


4.  I have Taegeuk Il Jang checked off (Due September 5th).

5.  I have video taped myself doing the form I am working on checking off plus two other forms to check for technique.


6.  I have done 475 Round Kicks on the bags 2 times in the past week. 


7.  I have done 3 sets of 65 pushups this week.


8.  I have done 50 crunches 5 ways and 15 V Ups 2 times in the past week.

9.  I have done 3 training runs in the past week - two must be the full 1.5 miles.

10.  I have practiced my self-defense moves with partners this week.

11.  I attended sparring class this week.


12.  I have physically practiced my board breaks this week with board holders to check for spacing and dynamics.

13.  I have at least 8 total hours of teaching time logged and signed off on in my journal.

14.  I have practiced my weapons for to music at least three this week.


No comments: