Saturday, October 31, 2015

One-Step Questions for Saturday, 7th November




One-Step Questions Saturday, 24th October

1.  I have Palchugi Ee, Sah and Yuk Jang memorized.

2.  I have Palchugi Ee Jang checked off. (Due Nov. 21)

3.  I have Palchugi Sah Jang checked off. (Due Nov. 21)

4. I physically practiced my forms for three sessions this week (the 6 Palchugis and Taegeuk Ee, Sah and Yuk Jang) and mentally reviewed 2 times.

5.  I have video taped myself doing the three curriculum forms I am working on (if you have rolled into the first set of Taegeuks due, please do that set of forms):
- one time through observe your hand placement and spotting
- one time through observe your kicking height, lockout, chambering, foot placement
- one time through observe your timing and intensity

6.  I have one set of at least three board breaks written down in my binder.  Use the items from your observations of the current candidates to create at least one set keeping in mind:
- do you use low and high moves
- adding in gymnastic moves like shoulder rolls or cartwheels
- timing of breaks - speed breaks, pauses, etc.
- adding non-breaking moves like some boxing or extra kicks for show into the set
- what your best kicks/breaks are - we are doing a board break unit in BBC what have you done that you were good at
- big kihaps and strong sets
(Due December 12th)

7.  I have done 125 round kicks on the bag three times this week.

8.  I have done 15 perfect pushups three times this week.

9.  I have done 15 each of crunches 5 ways (5x15=75 crunches each session) 3 times this week.  Don't cheat yourself on these crunches - do them slow and pause at the top of the crunch. Martial Arts depends on core strength for lock outs and balance - strengthening your core will help you get your forms checked off faster.

10.  I have done two training run this week.  This should be the full 1.5 miles.

11.  I have looked at one video of my chosen weapon to begin gathering ideas for special moves or tricks with my weapon.  See tab above for tips on creating a weapon form and sources to find good videos.  (Due January 9th).

No comments: