Saturday, October 17, 2015

One-Step Questions Saturday, 24th October



One-Step Questions Saturday, 24th October

1.  I have Palchugi Ee Jang memorized.  This means I can perform this form ALONE on the floor without prompts or pauses.

2.  I have Palchugi Sah Jang memorized. 

3. I physically practiced my forms for three sessions this week and mentally reviewed 2 times.

4.  While practicing Palchugi Ee Jang I focused on:
 - planting my base foot completely backwards for any back kicks.
- making sure I had a big step behind with some distance between my feet on the step-behind side kick.

5.  While practicing Palchugi Sah Jang I focused on:
- making my cut a well defined knife edge
- being slow on the upwards motion of the Ax kick with a full speed downward motion so my Ax kicks look stronger.  I also made sure my toes were pointed appropriately for an Ax kick.
- my knee was chambered up prior to the kicks (up, kick, re-chamber).

6.  While practicing Palchugi Yuk Jang I focused on:
 - kicking to the line not over it
- having two distinct kicks on the hook / round combination (your thigh gets re-chambered back to the line after the hook before you throw the round kick).

7.  I have video taped myself doing the form I am working on for check off this week and watched it 3 times:
- one time through observe your hand placement and spotting
- one time through observe your kicking height, lockout, chambering, foot placement
- one time through observe your timing and intensity

8.  I have done 125 round kicks on the bag two times this week.

9.  I have done 10 perfect pushups three times this week.

10.  I have done 15 each of crunches 5 ways (5x15=75 crunches each session) 3 times this week.

11.  I have done one training run this week.  This should be the full 1.5 miles.

No comments: