If you are interested in being able to connect with eachother via Facebook, Instructor Dan has a secret Black Belt Training Facebook page. Send him an e-mail to get added to the site and you can use it to arrange times to work out together!
In order to get on the mats you must do the first two questions:
1. I have physically practiced all 12 of my lower forms 3 times this week.
- One time through doing "Gorilla Style" where everything is fully engaged and strikes and feet have perfect placement.
- One time through focusing on lock outs and strikes.
- One time through focusing on height of kicks and strikes.
2. I have mentally reviewed all 12 of my lower forms 5 times this week.
Mental review - if you are reading the forms for review say them out loud and have a friend or family member check your memory. Another good way to do mental review is to write out the basic steps of each form and check it against the printed form cards.
If you answered YES to the first two questions above you can continue on down the floor!
3. I have video taped myself doing the form I am working on for check off plus the three curriculum forms. Check against the "How to get a Form Checked Off document" to make sure you are hitting all the points. Click here to access the document.
4. I have done one set of 500 timed Round Kicks this week plus 350 Round Kicks on the bags two times this week.
5. I have done one full set of timed 100 pushups plus 55 perfect pushups two times this week.
6. I have done one full set of timed 100 crunches this week plus 2 sets of 75 crunches.
7. I have done 2 training runs this week. One must be the full 1.5 miles and timed.
10. I have Palchugi El, Sam and Oh Jang checked off (Due February 6th).
11. I have practiced my board breaks, self-defense and weapons forms this week.