Sunday, June 19, 2016

One-Step Questions for Saturday, 25th June

Keep on "owning" the process Candidates!  Remember that no training goes wasted even if you don't get across the Red Rope. Just keep trying to get closer and closer because everything you do makes it easier for you to get your forms checked off and get further in the process!  

One-Step Questions for Saturday, 25th June (16 Weeks to Pre-Test)

1. I have physically practiced Taegueks Il, Sam and Oh Jang, and all 6 Palchugi forms 4 times and mentally reviewed them (writing them down, speaking out loud and/or reviewing in your head) 4 times over the past week. (You can check off two of the physical from Saturday's class as we did all these forms twice.)

***NOTE: You must do Question #1 to continue down the floor!***

2. I have Taeguek Il, Sam and Oh Jang checked off. (These three forms were due 21 May)

3. I have Palchugi Ee Jang checked off. (Due July 25th)

4. I have Palchugi Sah Jang checked off. (Due July 25th)

5. I video taped myself doing the form I am working on for check off and have reviewed it for technique.

6. I worked on my Round Kicks for two sessions this week AND video taped myself doing 2-3 kicks per side - specifically working on getting my base foot pivoted backwards, not trapping my hip, the side seam of my pants pointing straight at the ceiling, my kick to the line but not over it and my foot in a nice straight line (no Floppy Foot Syndrom).

7. I worked on my Side and Back Kicks for two sessions this week AND video taped myself doing 2-3 kicks per side - specifically working on getting my knee up at a good chamber, extending all the way out and locking out with a knife edge, re-chambering at height with my knee and foot level and then coming around.

8. I worked on my Ax kicks for two sessions this week AND video taped myself doing 2-3 kicks per side - specifically I worked on going slower on the up motion and then bringing the foot down faster and with power. Watch for your foot to be flexed up on the up and down on the down stroke. Watch for your body weight to be to the center or slightly forward so your down stroke has power. Keep your eyes up high on the wall to keep your head from bobbing.

9. I worked on my Jump Ax kicks for two sessions this week AND video taped myself doing 2-3 kicks per side - work on getting your base leg to tuck under your body in order to make your Jump Ax kick look higher. Use your glute muscles to power up the kick like we've been doing in BBC plyometrics this session.

10. I have done 45 Perfect Pushups in a row without breaks and 15 Tricep Pushups 3 times in the past week.

11. I have done 200 round kicks on the bags 3 times in the past week.

12. I have done 25 crunches 5 ways (25x5=125 total crunches each session) plus 25 abs of your choice 3 times this week.

13. I have done 2 training runs in the past week.

14. I have 40 moves to my weapons form written down in my binder. If my form is complete, I have reviewed it with a Black Belt looking for places to add dynamics, improve how you use the floor space or improve weapon special techniques. (Due July 16th.)

15. I have two of my sparring classes checked off.

No comments: