Saturday, July 2, 2016

One-Step Questions for Saturday, 16th July - 13 Weeks to Pre-Test

Candidates - this set of One-Step Questions will cover the next 2 weeks as there are NO CLASSES at the dojo from the 4th-9th of July.  Just because you aren't there doesn't mean you can't practice - clear a space in your kitchen, practice at the park, do forms in the pool (I've done it and it is a SERIOUS work out - my quads burned for days!).  Have FUN with it and be creative!  I look forward to hearing all the places you practiced when we meet again on the 16th July - person with the best story wins!  Post a picture to the Black Belt training private facebook group or if you want to send me a photo to post on the blog (with your parent's permission) you can!

One-Step Questions for Saturday, 16th July (13 Weeks to Pre-Test)

1. I have physically practiced all 12 of my lower forms 8 times and mentally reviewed them (writing them down, speaking out loud and/or reviewing in your head) 8 times over the past 2 weeks.

***NOTE: You must do Question #1 to continue down the floor!***

2. I have Palchugi Ee Jang checked off. (Due July 25th)

3. I have Palchugi Sah Jang checked off. (Due July 25th)

4.  I have Palchugi Yuk Jang checked off. (Due July 25th)

5. I video taped myself doing the form I am working on for check off and have reviewed it for technique.

6. I have done 50 Perfect Pushups in a row without breaks 6 times in the past 2 weeks.

7. I have done 250 round kicks on the bags 6 times in the past 2 weeks (use a couch cushion, pillow or even kicks in the air at home).

8. I have done 25 crunches 5 ways (25x5=125 total crunches each session) plus 25 abs of your choice 6 times in the past 2 weeks.

9. I have done 5 training runs in the past 2 weeks.

10. I have my weapons form completed and I have been working on memorization.  I have at least a 20 move section memorized for show at the next class. (Due July 16th.)

11. I have at least three of my sparring classes checked off.  (Try to be consistent with going to this class - sparring for black belt is very hard to do if you haven't been consistently working on it.  It is a different type of cardio than running or even forms.)

12.  I have 3 Self-Defense attack and defense combination moves written down in my journal. (Due August 6th)

13.  I have done two rounds of air sparring (you don't need a partner just stay busy like shadow boxing) at two minutes each with a 30 second break in between (total air sparring time is 4 minutes) 4 times in the past two weeks.

14.  I have three proposed song selections for my weapons form.  Do your form to these songs and see if you think they work for your weapon.  Tape yourself and ask for advice from the teaching team on which song you should pick.

15.  I have begun thinking about who I want to be my partners for Self-Defense and Board Breaks.  Think about who is willing to put in the same amount of effort that you are putting in and can be relied upon to be a good partner.  See who is available at the same times you can come in to practice - are they willing to meet after school, can they stay late on Saturday or meet on Sunday to practice, can they come early to classes, etc.

16.  I have practiced my board break combinations 4 times over the past 2 weeks and have made one tweak to improve my combinations - you can add a dynamic, put in a dramatic ki-hap, change the rhythm, add a jump, etc.

No comments: