Saturday, August 6, 2016

One-Step Questions for Saturday, 13th August - 9 Weeks to the Pre-Test

One-Step Questions for Saturday, 13th August - 9 Weeks to the Pre-Test!
1. I have memorized all 12 of my lower forms PLUS Taeguek Chil Jang and have practiced them physically 4 times this week and mentally reviewed 4 times this week.

***NOTE: You must do Question #1 to continue down the floor!***

2.  I have video taped myself doing all 12 of my lower forms plus Taeguek Chil Jang as if I was taping for requirments (walk the chain starting at Taegeuk Il Jang up through Taegeuk Chil without big breaks between).  Watch the tape and make a note at which form you start to get sloppy - foot placement off, not striking, hands dipping below belt, kicks not rechambered at height, etc.  Write it down to share at Saturday's class.

3. I have Taeguek Ee Jang checked off. (Due September 3rd)

4. I video taped myself doing the form I am working on, my board breaks, my weapons form and my self-defense (with partners) in the past week.

5. I have done 1 set of 40 perfect pushups, 15 second break, then a set of 25 perfect pushups - 3 times in the past week.

6.  I've done 20 Side-Plank Pushups (Pushup Position to Side Plank, Pushup to other side Plank = 1 set) 3 times this week.

7. I have done 350 round kicks on the bags 3 times in the past week.

8. I have done 25 crunches 5 ways (25x5=125 total crunches each session) 3 times in the past week plus 5 Elephant pose for a 10 second count (go to Downward Dog, drop your knees so you hover over the floor and shift your body forward so your shoulders are beyond your hands) and 5 boat pose for a 10 second count (get in a Crunchy Frog position then extend your hands out to your sides and straighten out your legs with toes pointed) this week.

9. I have done 2 training runs in the past week

10. I have my weapons form completed and memorized. (Due July 16th.)

11. I have at least 6 of my sparring classes checked off. (If you don't have 5 classes at this point you need to talk to Instructor Dan or Instructor Chris about getting enough sparring in to pass this requirement.)

12. I have all of my Self-Defense attack and defense combination moves written down in my journal. (Due August 6th)

13. I have done three rounds of partner sparring - two minutes each with a 30 second break in between (total sparring time is 6 minutes) 2 times in the past week. Focus on staying light on your feet and doing double or triple combinations. Don't just exchange single kicks.  This should be around 50% of your power rate - the main focus this week is working on combinations and footwork.

14. I have practiced my board break combinations 2 times over the past week.

No comments: