Saturday, November 26, 2016

One Step Questions - Saturday, 10th December (2 weeks due to Holiday Sale)

Thank you for committing to getting the first two steps done for our next class!  Forms practice is an integral part of getting your Black Belt and at this point doing 8 forms should take no more than 15-20 minutes of time per session.  The full 15 done back to back takes about 25 minutes per session once you have them all memorized.  

A great way to get the first step checked off each week is to use your forms practice as a warm up at the dojo. Once you've done the set you can go back and re-do anything you had problems with and work on the form you need for check off.


One-Step Questions - Saturday, 10th December - 18 weeks to the Pre-Test

1. I have physically practiced all 6 Palchugi forms plus Taegeuek El  and Sam Jang 5 times in the past 2 weeks.

2. I have mentally reviewed all 6 Palchugi forms plus Taegeuk El and Sam Jang 5 times in the past 2 weeks - this can be saying the form out loud, writing it down or stepping through the form in your head.

***You MUST complete steps 1 and 2 in order to be eligible to continue down the floor and cross the Red Rope! Commit to the journey not just the dream.***

3. I have done 25 perfect pushups 5 times in the past 2 weeks.


4. I have done 100 Round Kicks on the bags 5 times in the past 2 weeks.

5. I have done 4 training runs in the past 2 weeks.

6. I have done 10 crunches 5 ways (total of 50 crunches) 5 times in the past 2 weeks.

7. I have written down two of my board break combinations and have on memorized for show. (Due December 17th)

8. I have written down a 15 move sequence with my weapon. This doesn't have to be the beginning of your form - just a 5 move sequence that feels good. (Due January 14th)

9.  I have video taped myself doing the form I am working on for check off and reviewed it to improve my technique.


10.  I practiced the following in a mirror 10 times each for 5 sessions in the past 2 weeks paying attention to shoulders, chambers, striking and timing:
- joon bee
- high block
- inside block
- down block
- chamber/punch

No comments: