Saturday, January 7, 2017

One-Step Questions for Saturday, 14th January - 13 weeks to the Pre-Test!

Congratulations to Ms. Elinor who made it across the Red Rope this week working on a 3 week set of One-Step Questions!  I was impressed with her dedication and how she broke the tasks down to daily to-do lists for open mat time.  I'm looking forward to awarding your prize this week for a job well done! 


All those who made it on to the mats - give yourselves a pat on the back!  Even if you didn't make it across the rope, every step you take gets you closer to your ultimate goal - getting your black belt.

Remember our analogy today - doing the One-Step questions is getting your pot of water boiling and ready for your secret ingredients.  Each item you've been given to work on is one ingredient in the recipe that will turn you into a black belt.  Get cooking this week!



One-Step Questions - Saturday, 14th January - 13 weeks to the Pre-Test


1. I have physically practiced all 12 of my lower forms (the 6 Palchugi plus 6 Taeguek just like we practice in class) 3 times this week.

2. I have mentally reviewed all of my 12 lower forms 3 times this week.

***You MUST complete steps 1 and 2 in order to be eligible to continue down the floor and cross the Red Rope!***


3. I have done 45 pushups 3 times in the past week.

4. I have done 200 Round Kicks 3 times in the past week.

5. I have done 2 training runs this week.

6. I have done 100 crunches 3 times this week.

7. I have my weapons form written down and am working on memorization.  (Due January 14th)

8. I have Taeguek El Jang checked off.

9. I have Taeguek Sam Jang checked off.

10. I have half of my self-defense moves/counter moves written in my binder.  (Due February 4th)

11. I have practiced my board break combinations this week and have made one tweak to improve my combinations - you can add a dynamic, put in a dramatic ki-hap, change the rhythm, add a jump, etc.

12. I have at least 4 hours of teaching time logged towards my requirements.

13. I have done two rounds of air sparring (you don't need a partner just stay busy like shadow boxing) at two minutes each with a 30 second break in between (total air sparring time is 4 minutes) 3 times in the past week.  You can substitute the sparring class for this step.

14. I have two proposed song selections for my weapons form. Do your form to these songs and see if you think they work for your weapon. Tape yourself and ask for advice from the teaching team on which song you should pick.

15. I have begun thinking about who I want to be my partners for Self-Defense and Board Breaks. Think about who is willing to put in the same amount of effort that you are putting in and can be relied upon to be a good partner. See who is available at the same times you can come in to practice - are they willing to meet after school, can they stay late on Saturday or meet on Sunday to practice, can they come early to classes, etc.


16.  I attended Yoga class this morning!  

No comments: